All peddlers, itinerant merchants, and mobile merchants (in goods, wares, and merchandise or other articles of value) must obtain a Sales License to do so. A valid Indiana Retail Merchants Certificate and/or a valid County Health Department permit must be obtained and presented before a Sales License is issued.
To apply for a Sales License, visit the Planning Department at City Hall, 102 South Buffalo Street, Warsaw. For questions, call (574) 372-9550.
- Itinerant Merchant – Merchants selling goods not out of a permanent building, on a property to which they have no ownership.
- Peddler – Merchants selling goods on foot, door to door.
- Mobile Merchant – Merchants selling goods out of a vehicle from multiple locations per day.
- Valid photo ID Card
- Proof of valid Indiana Retail Merchants Certificate and/or a valid county health department permit (where applicable)
- Proof of valid permit from Warsaw Police Department at least 30 days in advance for events that may affect traffic flow
- Receipt of applicable fee and verification of application
|Residency||Fee per Day per Person||One Year Fee|
|Resident of City of Warsaw||$5.00||$100.00|
|Resident of Kosciusko County||$5.00||$300.00|
|Resident of State of Indiana||$50.00||$1,000.00|
|Reside Outside of Indiana||$100.00||$3,000.00|
- Licenses are for one calendar year, beginning January 1 and expiring December 31 within the year issued.
- You may not sell between the hours of 9:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
- Solicitation in or on a street is prohibited where it will endanger the safety or welfare of any occupants of a motor vehicle, impede the free flow of vehicular traffic, or obstruct or distract the view of any driver of any motor vehicle on the traveled portion of any street.
- You do not need a Sales License to sell food items grown in the county or to sell at special events sponsored by the City of Warsaw that take place within city limits.
- A veteran who holds an honorable discharge from the United States armed forces and resides within Kosciusko County is exempt from license fees (but must still obtain a license).
- A one-time event exception is allowed during any calendar year for 501(c)(3) charitable organizations for two consecutive days, provided the organization has applied for and received a permit from the Warsaw Police Department at least 30 days in advance of the first day of the event.