Argonne Road Streetscape
Argonne Road has served as the key connection between Warsaw and Winona Lake for many years. As our community grows, our needs for the street change. Local truck traffic and passing car traffic needs to be accommodated, and the current patchwork construction does not serve the uses efficiently. A new, intentionally designed streetscape will allow efficient traffic movement, while creating an inviting atmosphere for locals and visitors going between Warsaw and Winona Lake.
- Create a visually appealing streetscape for a key gateway and main connection between Warsaw and Winona Lake.
- Provide for safer walking along Argonne Road.
- Eliminate dangerous 90 degree parking on Argonne Road while still allowing parking for businesses.
- Reduce wide, undefined curb cuts.
- Add sidewalks and tree lawns.
- Redesign to safely accommodate all users.
- Landscaping and bridge enhancement to beautify the Gateway.
- Evaluate the bridge underpass for pedestrian and bicycle access.