City Hall Project
At the end of 2010, the City of Warsaw purchased the former National City Bank building on the southwest corner of Center and Buffalo Streets, for the purpose of renovating the building as a new City Hall. Learn more
about this historic corner in Downtown Warsaw..
The new City Hall serves more departments. The first floor includes a larger Council Chambers, along with the Clerk-Treasurer's Office and Wastewater Payment Office. The Mayor's Office, Human Resources, and Building & Planning Department all occupy the second floor. The third floor was later renovated to house OrthoWorx
The old City Hall (below) on the southeast corner of Market and High Streets was built in 1952 where the Kosciusko County Farm Bureau Co-op was formerly located. The original City Hall building had four large overhead doors facing Market Street for the Fire Department. When a new fire station was built on E. Center Street in 1978, the east part of City Hall was converted into the Council Chambers.
|As a side note, just down the street in the same block sits the Biggs building at 121 W. Center Street. Hiram S. Biggs, Warsaw's first mayor, constructed this two-story brick building in 1883.
about Warsaw's history.