Checklist for Parents
Every parent should complete this checklist.
- My child has a clear identity and understanding of his or her cultural heritage.
- Our family has clear and consistent values, daily routines and enforced rules. We don't resolve problems by yelling or through violence.
- We have stability and commitment to the family. There is support and open communications in our family.
- We provide a model for healthy behaviors for our children.
- We have consistent homework practices and parental involvement with school work.
- I am involved in my child's school activities.
- I monitor where my child is going and who he/she is going with.
- My child spends time at home.
- My child has positive peer influences.
- My child is involved in school extracurricular activities.
- My child in involved in organizations and clubs outside of school.
- My child has good planning, decision making and problem solving skills.
- If my children have a problem, they know they can come to me.
- My child has goals and a positive view of the future.