What do they look like? What do they wear?
Gang Attire *
- Use of one or two colors, and/or refusing to wear certain colors.
- Wearing the same style, much like a "uniform."
- Bandanas on head, an arm or leg, or both.
- Hats & baggy clothing with gang street names, nicknames, etc. (often done in stylish lettering).
- Tattoos (often handmade) showing nickname, gang affiliation, numbers/letters that indicate a particular gang. Burn marks, scratches and magic markers are also used to make "tattoos."
*None of the above are absolute proof that an individual is a gang member, but they do serve as indicators, which along with other indicators, can be used to prove gang membership.