Security at Work
- Never leave handbags on desks or wallets and cellular telephones in coat pockets in your absence. Take them with you.
- If a locker is provided for you at work, use it and lock it. Keep the key or combination with you or in a secure place.
- If you handle money at work, always keep it in a safe place. Don't leave petty cash in an unlocked drawer during the day. At night, put it in the safe or remove it from the building altogether.
- Be careful with keys. Don't put spares in an unlocked drawer.
- Lock windows in your absence. It's so easy to forget, especially in the summertime, and a thief can come and go in a matter of minutes.
- Never assume a stranger wandering in the building is an employee. Even a simple "May I help you?" can discourage the dishonest without interfering with the legitimate visitor.
- Never leave visitors alone in the office. Check by telephone to see if someone can see them.