Click to Home
Go To Search
Licenses & Permits
Sales Licenses
The City of Warsaw requires that persons who want to sell goods within the city limits obtain a license to do so. A valid Indiana Retail Merchants Certificate and/or a valid County Health Department permit must be obtained and presented before a license is issued. No license is needed for direct selling to businesses or to sell products grown in the county (Sec. 18-31 of the City of Warsaw Municipal Code). No person licensed under this article shall solicit business between the hours of 9:00 pm and 7:00 am (Sec. 18-32 City of Warsaw Municipal Code).

Ordinance No. 2012-07-03 amended Chapter 18, Article II of the City Code regarding Itinerant Merchants, Mobile Merchants, and Peddlers.

Solicitation in or on a street is prohibited where it will endanger the safety or welfare of any occupant of a motor vehicle, impede the free flow of vehicular traffic, or obstruct or distract the view of any driver of any motor vehicle on the traveled portion of any street (Sec. 54-65 of the City of Warsaw Municipal Code)

Nonprofit Allowances
A one-time event exception is allowed (Sec. 54-65 of the City of Warsaw Municipal Code) during any calendar year for 501(c)(3) charitable organizations for two consecutive days, provided the organization has applied for and received a permit from the Warsaw Police Department at least 30 days in advance of the first day of the event. Violations of this portion of the municipal code may result in a $25 fine per person and $50 fine per organization.

Ordinances defining licenses and permits may be changed or updated as business is carried out from the Common Council or Board of Public Works and Safety. Please check the City of Warsaw Municipal Code for any questions you may have, or contact the clerk-treasurer's office at (574) 372-9545.

City Hall  |  102 S. Buffalo Street  |  Warsaw, IN 46580
Privacy Policy  |  Terms & Conditions  |  Accessibility  |  Copyright Notice  |  Using Renewable Energy  |  Powered by CivicPlus